2022 National Health Center Week
Theme: “The Chemistry for Strong Communities”
August 7 - 13, 2022
Toolkit: linked here
National Health Center Week (NHCW) is an annual celebration with the goal of raising awareness about the mission and accomplishments of America’s health centers over the past five decades. Join us as we come together this week to celebrate the roles community health centers have played in combating the COVID-19 pandemic while continuing to support and fight for our communities. This year’s NHCW honors those frontline providers, staff and beloved patients who lost their lives during the (ongoing) COVID-19 pandemic. From the very beginning of the crisis, community health centers found innovative ways to provide preventative and primary care to their patients.
- Sunday, 8/7: Public Health in Housing Day
- Monday, 8/8: Healthcare for the Homeless Day
- Tuesday, 8/9: Agricultural Worker Health Day
- Wednesday, 8/10: Patient Appreciation Day
- Thursday, 8/11: Stakeholder Appreciation Day
- Friday, 8/12: Health Center Staff Appreciation Day
- Saturday, 8/13: Children’s Health Day
- Educate the public about the value of Community Health Centers.
- Recognize Community Health Center accomplishments, board members, staff, and patients.
- Engage stakeholders, elected officials and supporters in celebrating Community Health Centers.
- Highlight Community Health Center priorities: Federal infrastructure funding, etc.
- Honor frontline providers, staff and patients who lost their lives during the ongoing pandemic.
- Host events that celebrate CHCs and the importance they hold in their communities.